So much for being an extravagant chef, I would sigh of relief if I got my Cheese Pasta right! So that’s exactly what I decided to do this time, I was going to get into that kitchen and finally whip up a smashing pasta recipe. the inspiration to begin was quite a nonchalant one. But as soon as I entered the kitchen, I walked out, I barely knew which pot and pan to use, i was a hot mess. So I sat down calmly and googled a few Pasta recipes. all of them were highly complicated as though they had been made to be served in five star restaurants. I was in a dilemma unknown to me.
By the time I finally made up the courage to walk into the kitchen and make some hot and cheesy pasta… guess what… it was already evening and my stomach was rumbling from excessive hunger pangs.
So for the adventurous first time pasta makers (trendsetters – LOL) here goes the perfect cheesy pasta recipe…
This recipe serves three…
Things you will need:
- Durum wheat pasta (I used Del Monte) – 2 cups
- A cup of cheese – (Amul cubes 4)
- 1 tbsp of cheese spread mixed in 1 cup of milk
- 1 and a 1/2 tbsp of garlic butter
- Mixed Italian herbs (1 and a 1/2 tsp)
- Chili flakes (1 and a 1/2 tsp)
- Salt and pepper according to taste
So this is how we do it:
- Boil the pasta in about 1 or one and a half liters of boiling water for 10 minutes or as prescribed in the cooking instructions in the packet. ( since u are a first timer – read it! ).
- Check after the timer rings, whether it is cooked to the Al dente ( I had to look it up) level.
- Strain the pasta and keep aside.
- take a frying pan and put in the garlic butter. As soon as it starts melting add your pasta into the pan.
- Then slowly add in the mixture of Cheese spread and milk.
- keep stirring and add in the herbs as well as the chili-flakes.
- add the seasoning of salt and pepper to suit your taste buds.
- remove the pasta from the heat.
- empty the pasta into a microwavable pot.
- grate the cubes of cheese on top of the pasta.
- Mix it until all the cheese is evenly combined
- Now the final step before you can devour you yummy pasta
- put it into the microwave at normal and heat for around – (1 – 2) minutes depending on the power of your microwave.
- Finally it is time to bring out your own version of mac and cheese and devour it!
Adios you first timers, time has come for me to devour my very own version of mac and cheese and have a gala time in the kitchen trying to create this recipe…
Happy cooking fellas!