I know you probably looked at the title and hesitated to read ahead. But that is what it is, I knew it was not exactly a hash brown, I knew it was nothing close to being a pancake and I also knew rightly that there were a lot of herbs involved in making this recipe a success.
So without further ado let us get directly into preparing this solitary breakfast for yourself, it is quite a carbohydrate packed meal in itself so skip the bread and directly feast on this yummy almost pancake…
The things you will need:
- 3 potatoes medium sized
- 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- water to mix into the flour
- 1/4th of a small capsicum, very finely chopped – just for the flavour
- some oil to cook the hash brown omelette.
- 1 cube of cheese.
Lets put it all together:
- Grate the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Mix into the potatoes, the herbs, the chilli flakes and the salt and pepper.
- Keep that aside.
- Grab a small mixing bowl and make a liquid mixture of the corn flour and the water.
- Add this to the grated potatoes.
- Heat a skillet and add a good amount of oil to it.
- Add the potato mixture and spread it out evenly like an omelette
- Let it cook completely on one side and then only when it is completely cooked can you turn it or flip it onto the other side without breaking it into smithereens…
- Cook completely on the other side as well.
- It will be crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside.
- Bring it out onto a plate after it is completely cooked.
- Grate the cube of cheese on top and enjoy with a cold glass of juice or a hot cup of coffee…
It all depends on how you want to enliven your taste buds…