I bet all of us have in some point of our life or other, tasted and tired the famous Garlic Bread. But this time, I decided to give it a try at home…
Well why not I thought!
I had loved the taste a lot every time I had enjoyed it at a pizzeria or any cafe for that matter. So one day I got down to a lot of motivation and said “I am gonna do this!”
Well anyways, all jokes apart, Garlic bread is actually very easy to make and it is more tasty than you can fathom! So here goes:
The things you will need: (serves 2)
- Very finely chopped garlic (maybe 4 big cloves)
- 2 cubes of Amul Cheese
- 2 tablespoon of Amul Butter.
- 1 teaspoon of herbs.
- 1 tsp of chili flakes for garnish!
- Some salt and pepper.
- Choice of bread – I used the French Baguette
Lets get started:
- First things first. Let us make the mixture first. To do this, you need to finely grate your cheese cubes into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter to it, at room temperature. So it can easily be mixed.
- Add your finely chopped garlic to it.
- Then go on and add salt and pepper according to your taste!
- Finally, add the herbs.
- Now that your mixture is ready it is time to get down to business!
- I cut the Baguette into nice slices. In a sort of diagonal manner. It is completely up to your portion sized and creativity as to how you want to shape your bread.
- Then thinly spread the mixture on the bread, with the help of a butter knife.
- While you are at it – remember to keep a grill pan or a normal flat griddle.
- when it is hot enough, place your garlic bread on it, as soon as you do you will hear a nice sizzling sound.
- Then roast it until it is golden brown.
- Turn it around after 20 or 30 seconds, it all depends on the heat of your stove actually, so keep an eye on it.
- Garnish with chili flakes to increase a bit of spice levels…
- Then after the other side is done as well, serve hot with soup!
I enjoyed making it, it was a successful attempt at making something so delicious at home! So go on and try it!!!