We all have heard of marble cakes, I am assuming. But this time I thought, why not try the famous marble effect with something a little bit more easier to make. Maybe a chocolate.
We all mostly like chocolates, so if you could make it at home, easily and let it look like a fancy one, wouldn’t it completely delight you??
Okay, so the things you will need will be:
- a mold to set your chocolates in. (It could be plastic, glass or silicon)
- 250 gm of dark chocolate used for cooking
- 250 gm of white chocolate used for cooking
- A fork to create the effect if you wish
- some nuts or dry fruits if you prefer.
Now lets get started!
- First of all let us melt the chocolate using a double boiler, or if you want to do it the easy and the non messy way use the microwave. Though over heating in the microwave may ruin your texture.
- When the chocolate is melted and it looks as though it has been glazed, this is when you need to take it off the heat.
- First you must heat the dark chocolate slivers.
- Take a mold and then go half way through the mold filling in the dark chocolate.
- Whilst you are at it, you may melt the white chocolate, stir it occasionally.
- Then you must gently scoop the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate.
- You may add the dry fruits if you wish, I personally skipped this step.
- With the help of a fork you have to gently swirl it a bit, until the designs of the dark chocolate are evident on the white. (I just like my chocolates to be white and dark chocolate on two different levels, so I skipped this step as well)…
- Do not over do it or you will miss the desired effect. Though it will taste just as good as it normally would!!!
- Now allow it to sit in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Then gently tap the mold on the plate in order to loosen the chocolates.
- Now you may devour your very own confectionery style, home made style chocolates!!!
Mine look very home made I know! But with a little bit more practice I think, they can look a bit more professional!:)