We all have been trying to eat healthy since so long ago! Gosh! It may seem like a while now since we have been trying….
So have I:)
So this time, I decided to walk into the kitchen, make something very very healthy for myself. I was constantly eyeing that pack of chips on the counter whilst making this salad. But I was determined, maybe next time I said to myself.
After I had completely set my mind onto it, I made a nice pinterest style salad for myself though.
I remembered that I had this beautiful glass jar lying around, it had not been used in days, so I prodded myself to make the salad in this jar. I had seen a lot of this on youtube and other social media. But today it was the day of experimenting!
So the things you will be needing:
- boiled pasta
- finely chopped green peppers
- finely chopped onions
- Corn boiled
- finely chopped tomato
- olives pitted and cut in to round slices.
- Jalapenos, if you fancy a bit of a spicy salad.
- some colorful peppers chopped (whichever you like)
- cucumber finely chopped
- cheese – optional
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (extra virgin)
- herbs of your choice I prefer dried mixed herbs or oregano only
- chili flakes
Lets get started:
- for the dressing:
- Add the olive oil to a bowl.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Now add the chili flakes and the herbs.
- Mix well and your dressing is ready.
For assembling the salad:
- add the pasta to the base. All through the recipe the quantity is purely optional and depends upon your likes and dislikes.
- Then add the tomato and the cucumbers.
- Now add the colored peppers and the green pepper.
- The next step would be to add the boiled corn and the olives along with the jalapenos.
- Make sure everything is either cold or at room temperature. Nothing should be hot in this salad.
- Now sprinkle a little bit of cheese if you wish.
- Then add the onions and fresh herbs as a garnish.
- Now lightly sprinkle or maybe add the dressing to the salad. Very gently and slowly. Make sure to add a little to all the sides for an evenly dressed salad.
Serve with bread croutons or just have on the go!
Enjoy your very own home made, easy to make salad in a JAR!!
Well that was delicious, you should try it out, in case you are looking for a healthy alternative!!!
Also the pictures, are not of the best quality, it looked even more appetizing in real life, than in reel life…