Its finally time for yet another oily indulgence…
This time, I decided to re create the authentic fast food chain favorite french fries at home.. I enjoyed it and it was truly delicious, I hope you do try it out!
The things you will need: (serves 2)
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- Water for blanching
- Oil for deep frying or you may air fry it if you please..
- Pepper for seasoning
+ + + =
Lets Get started:
- Firstly wash and peel the potatoes
- Try and get your hands on the non starchy potatoes
- After peeling soak them in water
- Wash them once again
- Now try and recreate french fries you have seen and eaten for so long, with your trusty knife and chopping board. Or if you are lucky and have a french fry cutter go ahead and use it…
- Whilst you are at it (it will take you some time!) boil some water. The water should be enough to blanch the fries. Add some salt to the water.
- As the water comes to a boil, add your cut potatoes and cook till 3/4th done.
- now remove from heat and drain quickly.
- Then, spread out on a huge kitchen towel for it to cool down.
- Dry the fries using the kitchen towel.
- After drying completely put your fries in a zip lock bag.
- Seal it and put it into the freezer for 3 hours.
Time to recreate!!!
- Heat the oil for deep frying
- Get a tissue paper ready for soaking the oil excess.
- Now get your fries out and do not thaw
- Fry until golden…
Season with whatever you like, I enjoyed mine with a mild seasoning of salt and pepper.
Adios Amigos and Happy Frying!