I wanted to try and make the delicious cutlets I had seen in the chaat hotels at home. So I decided to experiment a bit with the available ingredients at home and it tasted good!
So lets get started!
The things you will need: (Serves 2)
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup boiled corn
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- bread crumbs
- coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- fresh coriander leaves
- ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- chili powder / paprika – 1/4 tsp for added spiciness
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Ghee or clarified butter/ olive oil to pan fry it.
Lets put it all together!
- mash the boiled potatoes finely after they have been cooled.
- add to it, the corn and the green peas.
- add the fresh coriander and coriander powder.
- Add garam masala and ginger garlic paste.
- add salt pepper and turmeric.
- Add green chili and chili powder (optional).
- Mix it all together.
- Now depending on the consistency you want your cutlets to be at, add the bread crumbs according to your choice.
- Now mix the bread crumbs until it is like a dough.
- Make small cutlet like shapes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Its time to fire up the grill if you want to grill these cutlets, you can bake them as well.
- But I decided to pan fry them.
- For this I used clarified butter or ghee.
- Put some ghee into a pan and then place your cutlets on to the pan.
- Cook until both the sides are brown or golden brown.
- Serve hot with chili sauce, ketchup or even mint chutney!
I hope you like it! Enjoy your meal!